Dale Stockstill
Dale Stockstill, Automotive Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  40 years of Automotive Technical Knowledge, Teacher, Diagnostic Specialist
19741685

Petrol..fuel filter..new distributor capnew Rotor arm

1800 petrol Freelander, when driving the revs drop so i pull over but the engine dose not cut out switch off and drive away for about another mile and it happens again
I have checked and cleaned fuel filter, renewed crank shaft pick up new distributor cap
new Rotor arm and new king lead new coil pack
still the same, but is getting more frequent
Category: Car
Expert:  Dale Stockstill replied 5 years ago.

My name is Dale.

The first thing I would do is hook up a fuel pressure and volume tester at the fuel rail on the engine under the hood. It really sounds like the fuel pump is on its way out. (could be wrong) But that what it sounds like. I would also hook up a OBD II Scanner to the engine and run it in the live mode while the vehicle is doing the bad thing and see what is failing. Could be plugged converter, etc. Either way you need to run the diagnostics on the engine to tell what is happening.

Sincerely,

Dale

Once I have answered your question, Please Don't forget to "Accept", I do not get paid unless you do accept my answer