CarQuestionGuy, Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Auto Technician for 5 years, ASE Refrigerant Handler, ASA, iATN

Hi,2004 rr td6 batteri 12,3v, nothing happens when You turn

Customer Question

2004 RR TD6
Batteri 12,3V, nothing happens when You turn on the ignition or try to start.
Remote looking with the key works, and also the parkinglight.

Any ideas?

Category: Car
Expert:  CarQuestionGuy replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for asking your question on JustAnswer. My name is Steve and I'll do my best to answer your question.

So your battery has 12.3 volts? How did you check it? Are the connections clean and tight?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I check it with a Voltmeter and yes, the connections are clean. There is also over 12V in the fuseboxes. Do You know if the immobilizer cut out the power to the startengine and all controllamps on the dashboard, and do You think I can get some information from a "auto-diagnostic" equipment or is the car "to much dead"?

OK. The first problem you have is that your battery is low on voltage. A 12 volt battery is actually supposed to have 12.65 volts when it is fully charged. At 12.3 it is actually almost completely discharged. It doesn't seem like a lot, but it is.
The first thing you need to do is either charge the battery or try to jump start it. When you get it started you need to have the battery and alternator "load tested". This will tell you whether they are both good or not. If they are then you might have something draining your battery.

If you want to do a simple check with your voltmeter you can check to see how much voltage is at the battery when the vehicle is running. It should be a min. of 13.5 volts.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi again,

I´ve already tried to charge from an other car during a startatempt without succes.

Jumpstart is not possible , the car has an automatic gearbox.

I´ve own the car for 7 mounth and app 20000 km and never had problems before and I use it every day. It appears one morning with the engine cranking but not starting. With second attempt there was totally dead including the dashbordlight (ignitionlight etc.)

Before we can do anything else we need to have a fully functioning battery. It is possible that the battery itself is the problem, but if it's not we can't do any other tests because the battery is drained.

If you can get a friend to give you a ride you could take the battery out and have it charged at an auto repair shop. Some parts stores do it for free as well.