Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

94 sidekick: wont start..spark..crank for a bit..wont stay running

Customer Question

94 sidekick won't start have spark and fuel two injrail, crank for a bit with paddel to the floor act like it starts but won't stay running?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

tims auto repair :

tims auto repair :

tell me what all you have tried,,,

JACUSTOMER-66jtfgmf- :

I did head gaskit fuel pump o2 sencer timing belt and timing got sidekick was torndown when i got it, man said it ran fine till timingg belt broke he replaced it and had cooling issues, so he tore it down and did head gaskit got tired of it ,so i got it back together just cant get it to run?

JACUSTOMER-66jtfgmf- :

I got 40+ psi on fuel rail and spark don't know if inj are getting a plus from ecm

JACUSTOMER-66jtfgmf- :

forgive me it new to this service

first,make sure it is in time on the distributer..

lets see if it will start with starting fluid,or,by pouring a little gas in the throttle body..if may be loosing injector pulse

a common thing that may cause it not to start is the distributer cap and the rotor,,the cap can burn on the inside,even though it gets a spark,,it may be at the wrong time

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will try cap & rotor And yes Itryed carb cleaner in throttle body and will run just a few sesconeds, was going to see if I'm getting injector pulse with test light if posable
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago. can check the pulse with a test light,,,

let me know