Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2004 suzuki forenza: cuts..i try to accelerate, we..sensors..pcm

my 2004 suzuki forenza cuts out when i try to accelerate, we have changed all sensors, could this be because it needs a pcm software update? If so, where do i get the software update
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks.

Does it rev good in park/neutral?

Is check engine light on?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No, it acts like it is misfiring when you rev

Check engine light is not on

Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Ok, I think your catalytic converter is clogged...I've seen it many times...Remove front oxygen sensor and install a pressure guage, it shouldnt go over a few psi while reving if so replace catlaytic converter. If good some other things I've seen cause this issue is a clogged air filter, low fuel pressure and spark plug wires. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

There has been sooo much done to my car that I forget some of it, but, the catlaytic converter has been replaced, and yes, it was clogged, still having issue tho. Spark plug wires are new, new air filter,

Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Did it run like this before replacing headgasket?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Ok, then I think the timing is off.....I've seen this issue caused alot by wrong timing and considering problem wasnt there before messing with timing I think thats the issue. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I researched online and it said it could also be that the PCM module needs a software update, where do I get a software update for this? This seems to be a common problem with my year car and all the reports I read say that it has been taken to the mechanic and they have not been able to find the problem, so I am trying to cover all my bases as I am tired of putting out more and more money just to find my car is still having the same issues

Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
I dont think the software update is the problem, there is no reason it should have lost its programming when battery was disconnected. At this point I would check timing to see if it off if not you may need to bring vheicle to shop that has scantool that can moniter all sensors to see which one is irratic, or try a reprogram. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
The engine congtrol module if for some reason the power disconnect did cause some type of program error, but I would double/triple check timing. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks.