CarQuestionGuy
CarQuestionGuy, Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Auto Technician for 5 years, ASE Refrigerant Handler, ASA, iATN
8613158

blew..Now may blinkers and brake lights wont work.

I have a 1980 Triumph Spitfire. I was installing a new license plate bulb and blew the bulb. Now may blinkers and brake lights wont work. Checked the bulbs and they are OK. Dont even get a blinker sound when engaging turn signal. Checked the fuses on engine fire wall under the hood. Is there another fuse I am missing?
Thanks for asking your question on JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll do my best to answer your question.

The engine firewall fuse block should be the one that has the fuses for this part of your lighting system. If I were you I would replace the middle fuse (this is the one for your brake/turn signal lighting). Sometimes they don't look bad but they actually are.

If that does not work then you will need a voltmeter to trace this problem down. Basically you will want to make sure you have battery voltage at the fuse block (on both sides of the fuse) then you will want to go back to your lights that are not working and see if you are getting voltage there. Basically you just need to find the place where you lose your voltage.

I would change the fuse, then let me know what happens. I can help you more if needed.