Superbob
Superbob, Senior Master auto technician
Experience:  Ford Lincoln, Mercury, Seinor Master, diesel certified, mazda certified, ASE Master
17143921

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport.

2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport. Have new brakes but they squeak terribly Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Superbob replied 5 years ago.
Did you have the rotors resurfaced during this repair?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
New rotors
Expert:  Superbob replied 5 years ago.
I would advise that you return these pads and go to the dealer and purchase (O.E.) original equipment pads! The manufacturer spends alot of money on research and development on the brake pads of their own vehicle and contain multiple different compounds to do various different functions, I.E. reduce brake dust, eliminate brake fade, reduce noise, maximize stopping distance, ETC... these ceramic pads that you have just will not have all of the correct fundamental elements that you will need to keep the noise level down!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have also tried metlic ones also
Expert:  Superbob replied 5 years ago.

O.E. pads should not squeak! did you get the pads from the dealer?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no i didnt
Expert:  Superbob replied 5 years ago.
I think this may be the problem, it is rare that rotors, even aftermarket rotors will cause a squeal! Automotive manufacturer brake pads use between 100 and 125 different compounds to construct their brake pads, where the best aftermarket pads use only a maximum of 7 compounds! You really should use manufacturer pads! This is the one and only part of a vehicle that I recommend using original equiptment parts!