CarQuestionGuy, Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Auto Technician for 5 years, ASE Refrigerant Handler, ASA, iATN

/97 discovery 4.0 liter, abs lite..bleed..ABS light..instrument panel

Hi! my land rover/97 discovery 4.0 liter, abs lite is on, i change the ABS module, bleed the fluid, now how can I turn off that ABS light at my instrument panel ?????
Category: Car
Expert:  CarQuestionGuy replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for asking your question on JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll do my best to answer your question.

The only way to get the code to go off is to repair the problem that is causing it. The best way to narrow it down is to have the codes read. You can have most auto parts stores do this. I can help you figure out what it means when you know the code.

Most of the time ABS related codes are from things like wheel sensors. Disconnection the battery will not clear this code. There are no code clearing procedures. If the problem is still there then the code will still be there.