Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Hi, I own a vauxhall astra 1.7 cdti sport - diesel..my foot..turbo

Customer Question

Hi, I own a Vauxhall Astra 1.7 CDTI sport - diesel, I dont normally use the car to travel long distances, but when travelling home from the airport the other night it struck me that the car wasn`t giving out any more power over 3000 rpm and with my foot to the floor this was not making a distance the car would give a small increase in speed the slow bk down, a small increase in speed and slow back down, and so on, I have been trying to figure out wether it is the turbo or to do with the cam belt, the car is at 53000 miles and it hasnt been changed in the year or so I have had it, could either of these be the problem or could this be more serious, all advice and cost of getting it fixed would be appreciated. Regards barry.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dale Stockstill replied 2 years ago.

Hello Barry,

My name is Dale.

If you would be so kind as to answer a few questions for me I think we can resolve your power and performance issue with your vehicle fairly easily and without spending a lot of money.

How long since the fuel filters have been replaced?

Have you noticed that the engine on acceleration blows out a lot more black smoke out the tailpipe than it use to ?

Does the engine use any appreciable amount of crankcase oil?

Do you have access to a good auto parts store and/or a Walmart store in your area/

What Country do you live in?

How long and what weight and Brand of Motor oil do you run in the engine?

So, give me a little bit more information and I will try to help you.

Have a Blessed & Productive Day!

Sincerely,

Dale

Barry,

I am just waiting for the information.

Dale

Hello Barry????

Dale

Was there something else you needed?

Dale

Once I have answered your question, Please Don't forget to "Accept", I do not get paid unless you do accept my answer.