Neal
Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

problems starting my vechicle..new battery..auto zone..doors

I am having problems starting my vechicle, I have purchased a new battery, have taken it to auto zone to get a starter testing but did not show a problem. The vehicle will start at times, I wonder if this could be the actual key that need some kind of programming because that is what It is stated on the owner's manual and the remote does not lock the doors . Could you be so kind to advice.
Thank you
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 2 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

When it will not start, what exactly happens?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The other problem that I had prior to this is that the remote did not work and has not worked, then the radio system went off for sometime andf started up again on its own. Just yesterday we installed the new batery but still having a problem with starting the vehicle it worked well while we were in town but then it stopped and started back again and now has stopped completely..

Expert:  Neal replied 2 years ago.

Since you are having the problem with the remote I would reccomend letting the dealer reprogram it as these may be related. If that does not solve it, some of these have issues with the ignition switch acting up.

But I think there is a good chance just the reprogramming by the dealer is all that is needed.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What could be the issues with the ignition switch?
Expert:  Neal replied 2 years ago.
The switch can actually start to go bad and fail intermittantly causing it to die or not start.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you know how much a started is for this vehicle
Expert:  Neal replied 2 years ago.
That starter runs about $150
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
IThank you , Do you know how I could at least get it started to get it to the land rover dealer ship so that they can take a look at it.
Expert:  Neal replied 2 years ago.
Due to theft prevention it is almost impossible to bypass anything. It might be best to have it towed. Check and see if your car insurance covers towing.
Neal, Mechanic
Experience: Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.