Dale Stockstill
Dale Stockstill, Automotive Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  40 years of Automotive Technical Knowledge, Teacher, Diagnostic Specialist
19741685

Friends truck....stalled on the road....we believe its fuel system...

Customer Question

This is my friends truck....stalled on the road....we believe its fuel system...changed fuel filter....changed filter inside the throttle body....have pressure on the supply line to tbi...truck will not run unless primed....or manually feed gasoline.....what are we missing...help.
Category: Car
Expert:  Dale Stockstill replied 5 years ago.

My name is Dale.

Would you be so kind as to tell me what the Make and Model of the vehicle is. What engine and transmission it has in it, etc. Did this just start all of the sudden out on the highway or has it been acting up for a while. Also, I need to know if you checked the volume of the fuel at the throttle body as well as the pressure. Do you have a OBD II scanner that you could scan the engine for codes? I just need a little more information to go on and them maybe I can help you isolate and then repair the vehicle.

Have a Blessed & Productive Day !

Sincerely,

Dale

PS- When we are done and we have isolated the problem, Please Don't forget to "Accept", I won't get paid unless you do. BUT...please don't "Accept" unless you're 100% satisfied with my answer! 100% Positive Feedback given and received is my goal! IF YOU'RE NOT SURE ASK

I noticed you read the information I asked for. Were you able to resolve the problem or did you need more time to respond?

Dale