SNAPONTECH
SNAPONTECH, Technician
Experience:  2 year Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Automotive Repair Technology
49697172

Type your car question here.

Customer Question

Type your car question here.
Category: Car
Expert:  SNAPONTECH replied 3 years ago.

SNAPONTECH :

Welcome to Justanswer, My name is Danny I am here to help.

SNAPONTECH :

Please let me know what is going on?

Customer :

i have a 93 gmc serria pickup place the gasket manafold , sensor capteur , premium oxygen sensor and the idle is so high

SNAPONTECH :

very high idle. This is a prooblem with the idle air control valve

SNAPONTECH :

replace and clean the throttle body then it will idle normal again

SNAPONTECH :

Common problem on this modek

SNAPONTECH :

Let me know if you have any questions

Customer :

what is a throttle body

SNAPONTECH :

let me get a image

SNAPONTECH :

Full Size Image

SNAPONTECH :

31 is the IAC

Customer :

what carberatour cleaner should i use?

SNAPONTECH :

use throttle body cleaner

SNAPONTECH :

Safe on the sensors

Customer :

IS there any specific one in mind?

SNAPONTECH :

I always use whats on sale at the parts store

Customer :

berryman?

SNAPONTECH :

That will work perfectly

Customer :

okay is it best if i spray it all inside while its running? or if its off?

SNAPONTECH :

off is fine running will not let it clean it out as good

Customer :

okay one more thing should i take out the throttle sensor and spray inside too? or just the throtle body?

SNAPONTECH :

Yes and if this doesnt clear it up you will have to replace the IAC #31 in the pic

SNAPONTECH :

If this was helpful please take a moment to kindly press the green ACCEPT button in the lower right hand corner. Thanks in advance Danny

Customer :

okay I already had replaced that part..

SNAPONTECH :

This and the throttle position sensor?

Customer :

yes

SNAPONTECH :

If cleaning it doesnt help and there are no leaks then I suspect there is something internal of the throttle body leaking down causing it to idle high

Customer :

so then replacing the throttle body in general would be best?

SNAPONTECH :

Yes thats one way to do it or a overhaul

Customer :

ok whats an overhaul?

SNAPONTECH :

It will completely be disassembled all new gaskets seals and cleaning is done. Anything broken is replaced

Customer :

okay thanks alot!! you were a huge help!

SNAPONTECH :

Your very welcome.. Glad to be here to help.

SNAPONTECH :

Please take a moment to kindly press the green ACCEPT button

Customer :

will do!

SNAPONTECH :

Thanks

SNAPONTECH :

Not sure if you can see this but it shows your payment is pending..

This is the first time I have had a question get accepted but not enough to cover the accept. Not sure if you want to pay or lower the price to something more affordable. I dont get any credit and you were not charged