Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

there is a oil leak coming..bad seals on pan and filter..pan gasket

hi i just bought a 2000 daewoo nubira cdx and there is a oil leak coming from above the oil filter i thought it was a bad seals on pan and filter so i replaced the pan gasket/oil filter and still have a leak what do u think this might be?
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

Those are bad about the corners of the valve cover gasket leaking. And it is hard to tell sometimes. You should clean all around the valve cover so it will be easier to tell.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it almost seems like there might be a little hole right above the filter on the cast it looks like that plate behind the timing chamber comes off ill check the valve covers first then i guess pull the timing and everything off to see if there might be a chunk missin and quick steel it or something from the back side it doesnt come out with alot of pressure but do u agree the plate comes off?
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
I think know what you are talking about and it does come off. Let me know what you find.