Virtual Wrench (L J)
Virtual Wrench (L J), Master Mechanic
Experience:  35 years/Master Tech. Foreign and Domestic
2617050

1995 Buick Lesabre Limited: I tightened the hot wire..starter

I have a 1995 Buick Lesabre Limited. I just changed the battery on it. I tightened the hot wire from the battery to the starter. The hot wire leading to the battery was loose causing the car not to start sometimes. You can jump it off from the starter but it immediately dies.
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual Wrench (L J) replied 3 years ago.

What is the history,,just wouldn't start one day or what?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It just wouldn't start one day

Thanks,

Does the security light stay on when trying to start it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It flashes continuously
thanks

these cars had real problems with this

would you like to buy a bypass kit and do away with it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what do you mean by a bypass kit and what is the price?

Thanks,

These systems will dollar you to death with replacing each component one at a time, and just when you fix one thing another part of the system fails and here you go again. The bypass kit takes care of all this. If you click here it will take you to a site that sells them. They are easy to install and you will never have this happen again...NEVER.

If you dont want to do that, you will have to start with replacing the ignition switch.

If you have any further questions at all please feel free to reply. If not, Please remember we use an honor system and you must click on accept so i receive credit for assisting you.
Virtual Wrench (L J), Master Mechanic
Experience: 35 years/Master Tech. Foreign and Domestic