Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2002 isuzu rodeo: bank 2 sensor..the check engine light is still on

I have a 2002 isuzu rodeo my check engine light is on. I had it scan and the code p1153 came so i put a new bank 2 sensor 1 on. the check engine light is still on. i had it scan again the same code poped up again
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. Check closely for any exhaust leaks, vacuum leaks such as vacuum lines or throttle body, and low fuel pressure. You will need to check all of that closely and if you cant find anything next step would be doing resistance test on wiring between PCM and oxygen sensor. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i did see where the oxygen sensor goes that it looks like the exhaust his a hole or something

Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Thats the cause then, this code is usaully caused by exhaust leaks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So i should get a new exhaust then. some when i hit a bump the check engine light goes off then come right back on
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Ya, you will need to get exhaust repaired...Just some exhaust tape would probably work, but not sureh ow long.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

so why does the check engine light go off when i hit a bump

Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
There is no reason the light should go off that fast, it sounds like maybe a poor connection on wiring going to bulb.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

so what should i do

Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Fix the exhaust leak and all should be good. Let me know if you run into quesitons, you can reply at any time. Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i fixs the exhaust leak and the light should go off

Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
I'd say 99% chance it will go off...This would cause the same code even if there as another issue.