Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2008 sx4: u remove the front wheel lug nut studs

how do u remove the front wheel lug nut studs from a 2008 sx4? i've tried everything, the rear were easy....
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Ask follow up questions, thanks. What part are you stuck on? You cant get bolts to go past control arm/dust plate?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no way of removing the studs, no room
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
You will need to remove the hub/wheel bearing assembly...I can give you instructions if you would like just let e know if its 4x4 or not. Thanks.
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
I'm assuming you already pulled the caliper and rotor off....If not do that...IF you have already done that then bearing/hub will need to be reoved.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
its a front wheel drive, i think its an all wheel drive, i used a pully, but it still did not remove the hub...
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Here are instructions, press next on top of page to continue ot following pages.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i was afraid of that, i was hoping for some trick, the read were too easy...figures, thanks Dan

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Some vehicles are easy, some arent...Just pulling out the hub/bearing enough for bolt to clear should work so you dont need to completely remove.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that's what i'm hoping, thanks