Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

I get the spanner symbol off the display on my Fiat ducato I

How do I get the spanner symbol off the display on my Fiat ducato I have just done a service
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello

the procedure is as follows:

Switch Ign on (do not start engine)
Set Odometer to read total miles.
Press Odometer Button (OB) until CFG1 appears in display
Release the OB.
Pressing the OB briefly will change between CFG1, CFG2, CFG3, CFG1
Once you have selected the CFG (see below).
Press the OB again for 5secs to store the new service interval

Turn off the ignition.

CFG1 = 30000km (18,600mi) and 365 days in cases of Standard Use for 2.0 petrol and 2.8JTD versions, or in the case of Severe Use for the 2.3JTD versions.

CFG2 = 20000km (12,500mi) and 365 days in case of Standard Use for 2.0JTD versions, or in case of severe use for 2.0 petrol and 2.8JTD versions

CFG3 = 15000km (9,300mi) and 365 days in case of Severe Use for 2.0JTD versions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Matt, I have tried what you told me and it`s not sucessfull. I have tried turning off the ignition while keeping the ob button pressed and after releasing it without sucess.

Expert:  Matt replied 3 years ago.
Hello

You can also try resetting the car by removing both battery leads and clamping them together for 10 mins as this will reset everything so if the light re-appears then the fault is still there.
Disconnect the battery cables and clamp them together for 10 mins. Remove both battery leads from the battery then use a nut and bolt or G-clamp to hold both battery lead terminals together.

This discharges any capacitors / memory within the ECU and around the car so ensures all memory settings are wiped clear - back to the factory default.

This will reset all the systems on the car and you may need the radio security code to get it going again, and ensure that the keys are in your hand when you re-connect the battery as the car may lock and turn on the alarm
Matt, Engineer
Experience: Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.