SNAPONTECH
SNAPONTECH, Technician
Experience:  2 year Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Automotive Repair Technology
49697172

1998 Toyota RAV4: suv..mileage - reliability..hybrid..seat 5 but 7 w

I own a 1998 Toyota RAV4 SUV--I have loved it!!! it's now getting to be a bit of a mechanical problem-am thinking of a new midsize (sameish size as RAV4 or a teeny bit bigger) what's your best pick--I have researched the BMW X3-Honda CRV VW Tiguan and Audi Q5--I want mileage-reliability-comfort, space, or do you recommend a hybrid---I am so overwelmed..I'm concerned with price but not fanatic about it--u get what u pay for sometimes I also checked out the Olds Sillouette and the Cadillac SUV please help thanks I don't know why but I trust u guyz they have to seat 5 but 7 w/ a back optional would be better....
Category: Car
Expert:  SNAPONTECH replied 3 years ago.

SNAPONTECH :

Welcome to Justanswer, My name isXXXXX am here to help.

SNAPONTECH :

There is only one word...... German engineering

SNAPONTECH :

Audi

SNAPONTECH :

If your getting a SUV look at the Audi

SNAPONTECH :

You will be so happy and not broken down

SNAPONTECH :

I have driven about every model owned every one in question

SNAPONTECH :

Have worked on all of them

SNAPONTECH :

When I owned my Audi wow

SNAPONTECH :

It blew everything else away in reliability MPG power handling space

Customer:

hello!

SNAPONTECH :

Yes I am here

SNAPONTECH :

Ask me anything

Customer:

So as far as german goes the audi over the bmr?

SNAPONTECH :

Yes in my experience with them

SNAPONTECH :

The BMW have tranny issues

Customer:

Ok then with all of the hi tech electronics in vehicles I have seen w/ friends and family and all of their glitches the audi is the most reliable? and how does the Audi compare w/ my poor ol' beloved RAV4 in handling and size?

SNAPONTECH :

You will have more space than the RAV and between the 2 it will be like going from something to drive to something you want to drive. And I have not seen to many of these even in the shop other than maintenance

Customer:

How does it handle in the snow (tahoe skiing) and the back space

Customer:

So which Audi r u saying is the best the Q5? is that the one u got? Would u recommend it to a mom and grandma like and your own family etc.,?

SNAPONTECH :

Its made for this kind of stuff.. All Wheel Drive

SNAPONTECH :

I would recommend it to anybody because they are made well and I like to share my experience with others

Customer:

I meant I am a mom and grandma and travel around with my pets etc., and kids

SNAPONTECH :

Then its good very SAFE thats something you will have a piece of mind of

Customer:

ok then so u don't see them more than for maintenance and not serious issues what year do you recommend and do they make a hybrid and would you recommend to me what year etc.,?

SNAPONTECH :

Depends. I myself dont care for the hybrids

Customer:

I want to know the best in your opinion of the Audi (Q5?) SUV and what options do you recommend--would you get and why--

SNAPONTECH :

But if you were to get any newer Q5 I would try both the 3.2 and the 2.0 turbo

Customer:

why don't you like hybrids-that's intersting-my hussband is on the fence w/them too--he told me to get a "golf cart" for around town---lol

SNAPONTECH :

All of them are all wheel drive

SNAPONTECH :

They are just not my style I have worked on many and no matter how much you try it is just slow not even fun at all

Customer:

So what's better in the Q5 the 3.2 or the 2.0 and which one would u get?

SNAPONTECH :

You may save gas but everytime they break your in for thousands of dollars

SNAPONTECH :

I would go with the turbo myself but I like to make things fast

SNAPONTECH :

I would try them both and just see which one is best for you

SNAPONTECH :

They are amazing machines and come just about fully loaded compared to the RAV

SNAPONTECH :

Heated seats all the way around anything and everything you could get from a car

Customer:

ok and I am a young grnadma--and still want to drive a fun and fastish vehicle--so coming to a final give the the exact lowdown--u r telling your mom or self or significant other to get the audi (the Q5 right) the 3.2 or 2.0 and last why?

Customer:

How's the air conditioning--that's something I love(d) about the RAV so poerful

SNAPONTECH :

The AC is great and can make you as cold as you want

SNAPONTECH :

Pretty much you will have more than you need

SNAPONTECH :

I cant find much of a difference in the 2 engines

SNAPONTECH :

They are about the same but feel different

Customer:

Swear? (as my kidz say or shoulkd I say word?)

SNAPONTECH :

The 2.0 has a turbo

SNAPONTECH :

So this will be something that can cost money in the long haul but this is fun

SNAPONTECH :

Now they have close to the same in power

Customer:

which turbo would u pick and why I know nothing about this--and I won't ask my sons or husband in fear that they might tell me for an hour...lol

SNAPONTECH :

Tons of torque you will feel it right away compared to your current vehicle

SNAPONTECH :

Only the 2.0 is turbo

Customer:

tork is good so give me in writing your final verdict

SNAPONTECH :

The 3.2 is a larger engine which is about the same power as the 2.0

Customer:

but is the mpg affected?

SNAPONTECH :

I would drive both of them the one that has more power and gets to the highway speed limit the fastest would be my pick

Customer:

and that would be the 3.5 right?

SNAPONTECH :

3.2 is the V6

SNAPONTECH :

I think this is going to be the best overall

Customer:

I don't get the turbo factor I thought they were both turbo 2.0 and 3.5?

SNAPONTECH :

better MPG and lots of power

SNAPONTECH :

No only the 2.0

Customer:

so 3.2 then?

SNAPONTECH :

Smaller engine thats why they turbo it to compare to the 3.2

Customer:

ok I want to get this done--I have so little patience w/ car shopping--shoes are more fun--anyway give me the one you think and steer me to the right choice(s) but having semi-assessed my needs/concerns try to narrow it for me---thsnkd

SNAPONTECH :

No problem

SNAPONTECH :

I think you will be blown away with the Q5 3.2

Customer:

Ok I am anxiously awaiting your expert verdict and giving me the name year model poer etc., I told u I am low tech and I will go to the Audi dealer this weekend w/ your choice(s)

Customer:

Really? ok then you are my pal for the day! :)

Customer:

so last what year the newest? wht?

Customer:

I don't want to to be a pain the a-- but what features should I NOT get--say I want it loaded--except for....what?

SNAPONTECH :

2012

Customer:

After you tell me the features-not to get--last but not least--being of 1/2 German descent--but an American born (first generation)--will this car help our economy at least a little in it's purchase do u know?

SNAPONTECH :

That I am not sure

SNAPONTECH :

On who it will benefit

SNAPONTECH :

But I do know that one that has nothing will be fully loaded

Customer:

no---I mean are at least some of it's parts etc., made here?

SNAPONTECH :

I think most are from germany

SNAPONTECH :

Which I am german as well

Customer:

like the toyotas--plants here w/ our people getting jobs etc.,?

SNAPONTECH :

I know this will be better than giving the money to china

SNAPONTECH :

toyota honda ect

SNAPONTECH :

They have to much as it is

SNAPONTECH :

But for the type of car people want this has everything

SNAPONTECH :

Reliable and wont leave you stranded

SNAPONTECH :

Good MPG power accessories

SNAPONTECH :

Its a luxury car but for all terrain

Customer:

okay and u r right meine werkstat guy--thsnk u sooooo much I called my hubbby while I was waiting for your final rply and u win done deal we are going this weekend thank u sooooo much fielen danke! (and god are u right bout freaking china) thsnk u so much and i Would recommend you to anyone!!!!! (worthwhile)

Customer:

Oh lastly any features I should steer clear from when I say I want it loaded--minus what do u think is useless--or does it nmatter?

SNAPONTECH :

Your very Welcome.

SNAPONTECH :

I am glad to help.. Please take a moment to press ACCEPT in the lower right. Enjoy your Audi you will love it!

Customer:

i will thanks again

SNAPONTECH, Technician
Experience: 2 year Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Automotive Repair Technology