Neal
Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

Can i bypass my amobilizer

Customer Question

can i bypass my amobilizer
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

Does your van have a gray key?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

Will it run right now?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no red light is on will not start
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

There is no easy bypass, have you tried disconnecting the battery?

Do you have any idea how it was triggered?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes battery dised

and no idea was all ok went to go out

Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

Here is some info on the alarm system, try locking and unlocking with the remote and see if it disarms, if not it will need to go to the dealer as there is a hardware or software malfunction. If it does not disarm with the remote or by disconnecting the battery it is probably not going to.

Arming/Disarming - Active arming occurs when the remote keyless entry transmitter is used to lock the vehicle doors, whether the doors are open or closed. If one or more doors are open, the arming sequence is completed only after all doors are closed.

Passive disarming occurs upon normal vehicle entry (unlocking either front door or the liftgate with the key). This disarming also will halt the alarm once it has been activated.

Active disarming occurs when the remote keyless entry transmitter is used to unlock the vehicle doors. This disarming also will halt the alarm once it has been activated.