SNAPONTECH
SNAPONTECH, Technician
Experience:  2 year Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Automotive Repair Technology
49697172

My 97 3500 ram van ac has a problem...hill the air flow would switch

Customer Question

My 97 3500 ram van ac has a problem. on max air when i went up hill the air flow would switch to floor outlet then when i leveled out the air would switch back to upper vents. now the air will only come out of the floor vent. I would like to know what the problem is.Jim L.
Category: Car
Expert:  SNAPONTECH replied 3 years ago.

SNAPONTECH :

Welcome to Justanswer, My name isXXXXX am here to help.

SNAPONTECH :

I believe there is either a vacuum leak or the check valve is bad on the control unit for the climate control

SNAPONTECH :

This is what will need to be tested. If you dont have the tools the shop will probably charge 1 hour of labor to complete this and find the vacuum leak if the check valve is bad this will be about 10 bucks.

SNAPONTECH :

Let me know if you have any questions. If this was helpful please take a moment to kindly press the green ACCEPT button in the lower right hand corner. Thanks in advance Danny

Customer:

I knew that I had a vacuum. I need to know where the check valve is and how to check for leaks

SNAPONTECH, Technician
Experience: 2 year Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Automotive Repair Technology
I think you missed the steps I loaded above which give the location of the check valve how to test and everything you need to get the job done. I would like appreciate it if you would email to info@justanswer.com or post this was a mistake so I can have the moderator fix the negative feedback you have me as I did load the test steps maybe you didnt click on the link as I provided. I will give you the link again maybe this time you can see it and click on it this is how the steps are loaded. BELOW IN BLUE IS A HYPERLINK THAT WILL OPEN A PDF FILE WITH THE STEPS THANKS

CLICK HERE ON THE PAGE TO GET THE STEPS