Dj
Dj, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician. 30+ years in the car repair business.
10906483

2005 Isuzu Ascender: had a blower control unit problem..disconnected

Customer Question

My 2005 Isuzu Ascender had a blower control unit problem. Had it replaced. Battery was disconnected overnight for this repair (at a shop). When replaced, blower, A/C, etc work fine but my radio/clock has no power. Shop checked all wiring and connections. Seem to be fine. Local dealer suggests that disconnecting the battery overnight requires a "re-set" function to the radio. Any thoughts?
Category: Car
Expert:  Dj replied 5 years ago.

Dj :

Hello and thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. I'm Dj and I will work with you on this.

Dj :

The first test is to use a test light and check all the fuses in the fuse box with the key on.

Dj :

This will determine if the fuses are getting power. I expect that one of the larger fuses that power all of the smaller circuits blew. If this is the case, several fuses won't have power on either metal lug on the fuse.

Dj :

Please let me know what you find.

Dj :

Dj