Mike, Mechanic
Experience:  Hi, I have been a Car/vehicle mechanic 34 years. 29of -running my own repair/diagnostic business.
9261905

Suzuki SX4 Sport How do I reset the tire pressure sensor

Customer Question

How do I reset the tire pressure sensor on my 2008 suzuki sx4
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

I'm Neal and I am here to assist you. Only accept when you are happy with my assistance. If I can't help I will open your Question to other experts.

There is a communication error in the system. I much as I hate to send you to the dealer, they will be the only ones that are likely to be able to diagnose and repair that issue.

Here is some info.

When CAN communication between BCM and combination meter fails, however, it is combination meter that makes low tire pressure warning light light up after blinks for 75 seconds.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I was looking for something I might be able to fix without paying dealership fees to keep costs down.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hello , My name is MIKE.. as you have re listed your question as above, I can offer you help..

The manual reset method is as follows for this model :

Not using SUZUKI scan tool
  1. Confirm that all doors are closed and ignition key is out of ignition key cylinder.
  2. Open driver side door.
  3. Perform the following Steps a) to c) within 15 seconds after ignition switch turned ON.
    1. Press driver side door switch hand within 5 seconds after ignition switch turned ON. Keep the switch pressed for 2 seconds .
    2. Release driver side door switch and then press driver side door switch for 2 seconds or more by hand.
    3. Release driver side door switch and then press driver side door switch for 2 to 5 seconds by hand.

That should work - either way though - read the following -

There was a TSB - thats a technical service bulletin issued to dealers on issues / problems with the TMPS system on these models - so in fact, it would be worth you having a word with them at least - often when this happens , it will be a fix they will do for free - so do speak with them first.

If not - essentially what you were told above is correct - but - if you can find a shop that has whats called the TECH 2 diagnostic machine - then they can diagnose / sort the problem for you.

If a fault is existing with the system whereby the light / system will not reset - and the light stay off - then you cannot do anything yourself without the above diagnostic equipment ..

But speak with the dealers first just in case it will be a free repair for you - and then go from there as needed..

Im very pleased to have helped you -

Feel free to re contact me using the reply button if you need to further on this subject - - Meanwhile - - Please click the Accept button for me now - Thank You ...

.Kind Rgds to you - MIKE.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Mike! I tried what you said several times but it didnt work. I counted the number of times the light flsahed after each attempt and that was (19) the light stays on after that and does not flash any more. what can I say mike, your information didnt work. should I pay you for useless information, what do you think?