brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

My wife complains about the seat belt being so uncomfortable

My wife complains about the seat belt being so uncomfortable because it rests on her inner collar bone/neck area. Are there any cars that happen to have a seat belt that sits a bit more towards the shoulder area? HELP!?
Category: Car
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question. As your finding out most vehicle are designed this way so the solution is not a different car it is in repositioning the belt. Let me explain.........The manufacture makes a seat belt extension. The extension is designed for heavy people that the normally seat belt wont fit so the extension provides a little more length to accommodate these people. I'm not saying your wife is over weight but what I'm saying is when you add the extension it moves the seat belt as the point at which it attaches is closer thus moving the belt over to the shoulder away from the neck. Just ask the dealer that makes the vehicle for a seat belt extension and it will solve the problem