Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

2001 dodge: 4wd diesel engine, has a pulsing..accelerate..slow down

2001 dodge 2500 4wd diesel engine, has a pulsing or surging feel at 50 to 65 mph. truck speed doesnt change but you can feel it accelerate and slow down. is worse when the cruz is on. truck has a manual 5 speed trans. in the past we had the speed sensor changed and last december we changed the throttle position sensor for a similar problem. is there a different thing that can cause this or is this acommon problem.
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, I'm Neal and I am here to assist you.

Please feel free to ask follow up questions, it is part of the process.

That sounds like the TPS again, did you use one from the dealer? Aftermarket tps are bad about going bad as are the oem parts but not as bad.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
does anyone make a tps that lasts longer? this tps came from napa. cant believe the high price for this part.
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
The part from the dealer is the best way to go, but make sure yours is not still under warranty. It may have a 1 year warranty.
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
Did that answer your question? I will continue to work with you even after you accept. So don't feel you need to wait to accept if I have helped.