Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

Club: you please tell me the correct tyre pressures..16v..57 plate

Tyre Pressures? Could you please tell me the correct tyre pressures for a Vauxhall Astra Club 1.6 16v 2007 (57 plate)?
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer, I'm Neal and I am here to assist you.

Please feel free to ask follow up questions, it is part of the process.

The correct tyre pressure is dependant on the tire installed on the car. On the side of the tyre will be a max air pressure which is the best pressure to run for tyre life and economy.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Description on tyre is confusing, not to exceed 40psi and max. 51psi. I've been told it should only be about 30psi.
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.

You have a better quality tyre than was original it sounds like. I would go with about 48 for good tire wear and fuel economy, though some people will prefer a little less as it will smooth the ride some.

Always go with what the tire says, the info in your manual is only for the tyres the car came with from the factory.

Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
I just re-read what you wrote and it is confusing, are you sure the not to exceed part is not for weight?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, it definately said tyre inflation not to exceed 40psi - i was assuming that was what you were referring to as being a 'recommended' pressure . . . . but as i said, other people (with Astra's) have said they inflate to 29 or 30psi.
Expert:  Neal replied 5 years ago.
A lot of people like them softer for the smoother ride. There is nothing wrong with that if the max is 40. The only reason I recommend more is for mileage.