Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair

Land Rover..check engine EVAP leak detection... how do I

Customer Question

Went on vacation for a week, come back and my 2006 Land Rover LR3's check engine light is on. Came up with code P2402, which is an EVAP leak detection... how do I fix this?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mastertech1 replied 5 years ago.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING JUST ANSWER, AND FOR ALLOWING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR AUTOMOTIVE CONCERNS.First have you checked to make sure that the gas cap is closed tightly? The evap. system is there to keep unburned gas fumes from entering into the air, There is a pump in the system that pressurizes the system to make sure there are no leaks,if it detects a leak it will set that code! If the gas cap is tight and the seal is good, then there is a leak on one of the evap. system hoses,or canister, (depending on your region, mice and squirrels tend to chew on hoses, when vehicle is parked for a peroid of time) Thanks, Please let me know if I can be of any other assistance with this issue