Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIANCE, AUTO AND TRUCK,FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DIESEL
17454363

I have a 1983

I have a 1983 CJ7. It was stored for around 5 years. Not been run the entire time. I replaced the leaking radiator and replaced the starter motor. It fired right up. However, it runs for around 20 minutes and simply dies as if it is not getting fuel. wait ten minutes and it starts right up again but will die again in about the same amount of time. I bought a carburetor rebuild kit and we did that, but the problem remains the same. Though the engine runs at a much nicer idle now as well as accelerates very nicely. It still dies in 20 minutes or so. Any suggestions?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX its dead, have you pulled a plug wire and seen if it has spark?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No sir I have not
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 5 years ago.
you most likely are losing spark, not fuel, check to see if it loses spark when it dies, if it does, then replace the ignition module, these are common for failing on these,Tim