nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

how do i remove the service light on a 2001 vauxhall agila

Customer Question

how do i remove the service light on a 2001 vauxhall agila 1.2
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 5 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

The lamps indicated (A), are malfunction indicator lamps (MIL), and not service interval indicators.

Billy :

These would indicate that a problem is detected within the engine management system (engine electronics), or the immobilizer.

Billy :

The way to remove these would be by resetting the engine management, and for that you are advised to hook the vehicle on a scan tool to retrieve the fault codes as these will identify the culprit......

Billy :

However, if you want to reset without getting the faults, you may remove the battery negative cable for a minute or so....and then refit.......this will reset the trip meter, clock and radio code (if fitted)......

Billy :

And if the warning light remains on after this....then the fault is present....and you would need the scan tool to retrieve the fault codes.

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself.......get back to me if further info is needed.....positive feedback and bonuses appreciated...

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi billy, it is the service light i need to switch of not the mil
Expert:  nabilc replied 5 years ago.
Hello again,

The two lights shown and pointed with A (the spanner in car, and the other one)...these are MIL (warning lights).....and not service lights.....

Do you have another light on?? and if that is the case what does it look like or what does it say?

Regards,
Billy