SNAPONTECH
SNAPONTECH, Technician
Experience:  2 year Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Automotive Repair Technology
49697172

1994 Isuzu Rodeo: with a V6 engine

I have a 1994 Isuzu Rodeo with a V6 engine and I would like to know what I would have to remove so I could change the A/C compressor...

SNAPONTECH :

Welcome to Justanswer

SNAPONTECH :

So you want to replace the compressor?

Customer:

Yes.

SNAPONTECH :

You need to have all the freon evacuated from the system then remove the AC lines from the compressor. There is a small adjustor for the compressor belt you will loosen the bolt on this and the belt will get loose so you can remove the belt. You will want to use a flex head ratcheting wrench if you have one to get to the bolts There are two bolts that hold the compressor on these will be removed then you will

SNAPONTECH :

Full Size Image

SNAPONTECH :

You can see the belt tensioner in the picture between the compressor

Customer:

Do I have to remove the Radiator or anything to get to the remove the belt or the compressor bolts?

SNAPONTECH :

No not that I am aware of I have done this and the steps say no

Customer:

Is the compressor removed from the top or the bottom of the engine well?

SNAPONTECH :

Bottom

SNAPONTECH :

They dont have a guide so I am working from my personal knowledge they have the steps to rebuild it but not removal

Customer:

I guess it would be best to put the car on a hoist! I am an experienced aircraft mechanic and how long do you think it should it take me to remove and replace the compressor?

SNAPONTECH :

This is pretty simple hoist makes anything easier but jack and stands will work. Remove the freon the belt and the two bolts take it out at an angle and reverse to install.Let me know if you need anything else. If you found this information helpful. Please kindly press ACCEPT. Thanks in advance Danny You can bookmark this page and reply for free I dont charge for you to ask follow up

SNAPONTECH :

Should take about 1 hour

SNAPONTECH :

That includes the knuckle busters

Customer:

This is good info. I pushed the wrong key and lost our exchange except for the above. Just to make sure I understand, I do not have to remove the radiator or anything else to get at the compressor and it is removed from the bottom of the engine well...is this correct?

SNAPONTECH :

Yes

SNAPONTECH :

When you hit accept you can refresh this page and will see the whole chat session if you need to print or anything

SNAPONTECH :

And if you have any trouble just let me know follow up is free so if you run into any problems let me know I will get back to you right away!

Customer:

Last Q, does your pic have you sitting in an aircraft?

SNAPONTECH :

Yes

SNAPONTECH :

It was a touring of walla walla washington via helicopter

Customer:

Great!!! I am also a pilot..also flew in the Air Force..

SNAPONTECH :

You should not have a problem with this job will be like a walk in the park.

SNAPONTECH :

You let me know if you need anything else I will be here to help you. have a great evening Danny

Customer:

Thanks you did good I accept your answer....