SNAPONTECH
SNAPONTECH, Technician
Experience:  2 year Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Automotive Repair Technology
49697172

Endeavor: mits..that is leaking water (in the cabin)..air conditioner

I have 2004 mits. endeavor that is leaking water (in the cabin) that is from the air conditioner condenseation.I thing drain tube might be blocked but can not find it. Any suggestion. Thanking You in advance. Larry P.
Category: Car
Expert:  SNAPONTECH replied 5 years ago.

SNAPONTECH :

Welcome to Justanswer

SNAPONTECH :

open the driver's door
-- locate where the air conditioner blower box is attached to the passenger side of the firewall – look to the immediate right at the top of the gas pedal arm
-- condensation flows toward the front of the vehicle through the firewall at the leftmost edge of the air conditioner blower box -

-- open the hood and stand next to the front wheel on the driver's side
-- look down at the firewall over the battery and to the passenger side of the brake master cylinder
-- locate the small diameter metal tubes running horizontally and attached to the engine compartment firewall
-- locate the hole in the engine compartment firewall panel behind the small diameter metal tubes -

-- this hole leads to the drain opening in the air conditioner blower box mounted in the passenger compartment
-- follow the brake tubes as they run from under the vehicle and turn toward the front wheel on the driver's side
-- locate the hole in the engine compartment panel behind the brake tubes
-- insert a short length of stiff wire into the hole through the engine compartment panel to unblock the drain hole

SNAPONTECH :

Full Size Image

SNAPONTECH :

Full Size Image

SNAPONTECH :

Let me know if you have any questions. If this was helpful kindly press ACCEPT. tips and positive feedback is also greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Danny