Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.

Hyundai santa fe: Similar to sound when you are rough pavement

Customer Question

I have a 04' Hyundai Sante Fe. It has developed a sound, as though something is rubbing. Similar to sound when you are rough pavement during construction. Inspection of the undercarriage shows nothing that looks out of place. However, whenever I make a right turn, the sound stops. It appears that as the weight is shifted off of the right side of the vehicle, the "Friction" is eliminated for that short time span.

Any suggestions as to where to start to resolve this problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 2 years ago.

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

you need a new right front wheel bearing

tims auto repair :

this is why when turning right it gets quieter

tims auto repair :

it does shift the eight off of the bad bearing

tims auto repair :

Please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Customer:

Would you recommend replacing both sides at the same time?

tims auto repair :

not really

tims auto repair :

the other one may last the life of the car

Customer:

Ok, is the difficult to replace? Or is this something I should have the mechanic do?

tims auto repair :

well..if you have never done it..you should have a mechani replace it

tims auto repair :

2hr labor

tims auto repair :

+/-

Customer:

OK, I have friends that work on cars on the side. They should be able to do this work for me. Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it.

tims auto repair :

you are very welcome

tims auto repair :

Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.