nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

The engine light on my suzuki forenza 2005 came on and I got the PO420 code in a few place

The engine light on my suzuki forenza 2005 came on and I got the PO420 code in a few places. Took it to a muffler shop and did repairs according to their dianostic tests but a day later the engine light came back on again???

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

The P0420: catalytic converter efficiency below threshold.....

Billy :

This can be caused by a number of things....of which an intake air leak...which was fixed....

Billy :

However, a faulty oxygen sensor, a leak in the exhaust, or even a worn catalytic converter would also cause this.

Customer:

Hi Billy, hope u can help me out. I had this car shipped from PR and I need to have inspected asap.

Billy :

I will include the detailed testing instructions....these will show you what needs to be checked, and the test results will indicate which component(s) would need replacing or fixing:

Customer:

What are we talking about regarding quotes from a shop for parts or labor?

Customer:

Will u email me this info?

Billy :

Oh.........it would depend on which piece requires removing....diagnostics should take around two hours of labor.....and replacing any of the related parts would take around 2 hours of labor........

Billy :

The parts cannot be confirmed....as we still do not know which part requires replacing.....

Billy :

This info, is on this page (will stay...so you can check back anytime)....and you can copy and paste in your word processor....etc...i will include the detailed checking instructions, so you get an idea what it is about:

Customer:

I know what ur saying and wont hold u to it. I just need a ball park figure to feel comfortable with. For example, I paid $460.00 for the parts and labor I mentioned to you.

Billy :

I already mentionned the labor (up to 2 for diagnostics, and around 2 for replacing parts)...but it would really depend on which part is found faulty, and which part would require replacing....as for the parts....the catalytic converter new from suzuki should cost around 800USD, and an oxygen sensor anslo new from suzuki would cost around 150USD....so let's hope it is a wiring issue or mostly an oxygen sensor issue.

Customer:

Wow!! Thanks. Where in the page is the info you mentioned?

Billy :

scroll back, you have a "click here for details" link, click it, and it should open a pdf page...having the testing and inspection info....

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself.......get back to me if further info is needed.....positive feedback and bonuses appreciated...

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Customer:

Thanks!!! Have a good one.