Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

Suzuki swift: srs..obd2 scanner..passenger side..seats

Hello from Cyprus
i just bought a suzuki swift 2005 1500 cc auto and the srs lamp is on.
the obd2 scanner says code B1065 and passenger side SIS sensor short or ground.
i checked the wires under seats and seems ok
please tell me what to do?
Category: Car
Expert:  Billy replied 3 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

B1065: side impact sensor, signal too small.

Billy :

You need to first shut down the airbag system:

Billy :

1. Remove the ignition key and disconnect the component <Battery> before working on the system <Airbag> (including the wiring harness). Attention: Security codes may be erased.2. Depending on equipment version, there may be more than one component <Battery> fitted. If so, these are also to be disconnected.3. Make sure battery cannot be reconnected inadvertently.4. Wait at least 10 minutes.5. Disconnect ignition circuits.6. Unplug the plug connection of the component <Airbag control unit>.

Billy :

Then start testing as follows:

Billy :

Unplug the airbag unit connector:

Billy :

Unplug the connector of the side impact sensor (passenger side):

Billy :

Measurement on wiring harness end, component A4.1 (Airbag control unit)
term. 21 to component B9.41 (Front
passenger's side impact sensor) term. 2

Billy :

You should get: 0,0...0,3 Ohm

Billy :

From airbag connector term. 46 to side sensor connector term. 1, you should also get: 0,0...0,3 Ohm

Billy :

If the wiring is good (no shorts shown to ground etc....) and the connector and pins look good (clean and tight contacts, than next you replace the sensor......and if the problem persists, you replace the control unit. However, this most likely is a wiring issue or sensor issue.

Billy :

Then, you start up the airbag system:

Billy :

1. Install and connect all airbag units and pyrotechnic seat belt tensioners.2. Install and connect all impact sensors if fitted.3. Install component A4.1 (Airbag control unit) without wiring harness connected.4. Plug connection of the component A4.1 (Airbag control unit) plugged in.5. Switch on ignition, close doors and open windows.6. Make sure there are no objects or people in the airbag inflation zone and that no-one can enter this area.7. First connect positive and then negative terminal of component <Battery>.8. Perform functional check by way of component <Airbag control lamp>.9. Implement function <Self-diagnosis>.

Billy :

10. If the component <Passenger side front airbag> is to be deactivated and encoding of the component <Airbag control unit> is required for this purpose, this can only be performed at a vehicle manufacturer's franchized workshop.

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself.......get back to me if further info is needed.....positive feedback and bonuses appreciated...

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Customer:

Hello

Customer:

Hello

Customer:

I unplug the plug under the seat and the message is still the same. pass. side sis short or ground

Customer:

what i have to do?

Customer:

i have diagnostic equipment obd2

Customer:

thanks Laz

Billy :

Hello LAz,

Billy :

My apologies for the delay.......thank you for your patience....

Billy :

The fault says: open circuit or short to ground......so when you unplug, the fault will sure remain the same.......

Billy :

You have to check the continuity on wires, as instructed aboe (you should get around 0---0.3 ohms).......and check for short to ground (continuity with battery negative or chassis).....if continuity is good and you have no shorts.....then you replace the sensor......but i would first make sure that connectors are tight...and wires are good...and then reset the system (erase the fault)....as this is most likely the cure........

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy

Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Experience: Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member