nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

Hot weather it takes over 10 minutes for my AC to get cool..hot air

Customer Question

sometimes in hot weather it takes over 10 minutes for my AC to get cool. I just get hot air blowing for 10 mins at times when the car is hot. Is this normal?
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 5 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

No this is not normal.......it might take a minute or two to get cold.........but not ten minutes.

Billy :

You should first inspect the freon charge.....as it might need some freon (gas).....

Billy :

If the A/C system was not serviced for a few years, then i recommend that you withdraw the freon in it.....then vacuum the system, and then fill the correct quantity (weight)......this can be done on automated A/C machines, and should ensure that you get the optimal performance, regarding the freon charge.

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself.......get back to me if further info is needed.....positive feedback and bonuses appreciated...

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Billy :

Regards,

Billy :

Billy

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Why does me reving the engine up for a minute make it get colder air quicker as opposed to the ten mins it takes if I dont rev the engine
Expert:  nabilc replied 5 years ago.

When you rev the engine, it will turn faster. The compressor will turn faster....the compressor will be able to pressurize the freon more at higher speeds....thus the increase in performance.
Actually the A/C compressors are calculated to give best performance at engine speeds of 1500 RPM and above........

Regards,
Billy