SNAPONTECH
SNAPONTECH, Technician
Experience:  2 year Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Automotive Repair Technology

1998 Isuzu Rodeo: replaced the slave and master cylinder..clutch

I have just replaced the slave and master cylinder on a 1998 Isuzu Rodeo but clutch will not get firm enough to put the vehicle in gear. What is the ploblem, and how do I fix it.
Category: Car
Expert:  SNAPONTECH replied 2 years ago.

SNAPONTECH :

Welcome to Justanswer

SNAPONTECH :

There is too much air in the system. You will need to bleed it again and do it very vigorously. Have one person ready to open the valve on the slave cylinder while the other does the bleeding

SNAPONTECH :

You will want to start off by hand if you can pump it up really good make sure the fluid is full then between every pump you will hold it to the floor all the way and thats when you say ready the other person will say ok after they have opened the bleeder for a few moments. Make sure the fluid stays up if it gets down air will get in and you will have to start over

SNAPONTECH :

You will do this several times continue this process until it is good

SNAPONTECH :

you will have to start using your foot once it gets stiff

SNAPONTECH :

So once the person closes the bleeder valve you will then start pumping again maybe 10 hard fast pumps then hold open bleeder and continue

SNAPONTECH :

Should start getting better about 5 times in but I have had to do it 10-12 on some applications

Customer:

Is that the one on the bootom of the vehicle near the transmission

SNAPONTECH :

Its attached to the slave cylinder there will be a valve on it to bleed

Customer:

Can it be opened by hand I have never done this before Im not sure what the bleeder valve looks like

SNAPONTECH :

You will need a small wrench

Customer:

And its just a valve not that screw I took loose to put the new cylinder on

SNAPONTECH :

Let me get you a image

Customer:

Thanks

SNAPONTECH :

Here it is for you vehicle

Full Size Image

SNAPONTECH :

Here are the steps from the book to do the process

Full Size Image

Customer:

Okay it wont come completly off will it if I turn it too much will it?

SNAPONTECH :

Yes it can. You will only need to turn it a small amount. You can do this before you start bleeding

SNAPONTECH :

Turn it until it starts coming out a small amount then just bring the wrench back enough to shut the valve but make it easy to reopen when the pedal is pumped and ready to open

Customer:

okay here we go again, thanks alot!!!

SNAPONTECH :

No problem please take a moment to press ACCEPT if you need more help just let me know. Thanks in advance Danny

SNAPONTECH :

There is my direct link if you have any trouble. Please dont forget to accept this is the only way I am paid for my services. Thanks Danny

Customer:

Okay Danny

SNAPONTECH, Technician
Experience: 2 year Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Automotive Repair Technology