IMPORTS ONLY
IMPORTS ONLY, MASTER AUTOMOBILE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  14 years EXPR,Maserati, Bentley, Audi. Factory Trained, ASE CERTIFIED MASTER L1,P2,C1.
12145143

Im considering..60 miles total commute/day)..20k miles

I'm considering purchasing a used Maserati Gran Turismo, probably a 2008 or 2009, to use as my primary car (60 miles total commute/day). Am I crazy for thinking of commuting in a Maserati? Altogether, I'd guess I drive about 20k miles/year. Is that likely to cause a lot of maintenance issues with the car? What would typical maintenance costs be? I really like the Maserati, but I have a feeling a Lexus or Acura may be a smarter (and cheaper) choice.

IMPORTS ONLY :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Expert Certified Maserati technician. I will be happy to answer your questions today

IMPORTS ONLY :

I think that the Gran Turismo is a very good Vehicle and is one of my favorite of the Maserati Line.

IMPORTS ONLY :

I will not lie to you but the parts for any Italian sports car are not cheap. But this is a very exclusive vehicle. Not just a Boring Asian vehicle

Customer:

How often would you expect a Granturismo to need service? Is it prone to mechanical or electrical problems?

IMPORTS ONLY :

I would suggest a good inspection by a Maserati dealer before purchase. It will cost around 300.00 USD. Then maybe consider purchasing an extended warranty for this vehicle just incase some problems do arise.

IMPORTS ONLY :

The major services are due about every 2 years with a regular oil change in between. Or every 10k. These services range from 1300.00 to 2500.00 for a major service.

IMPORTS ONLY :

What ever comes first.

IMPORTS ONLY :

This car is bullet proof for the most part. No real issue except one.

IMPORTS ONLY :

Some times The camshaft variators get worn out and make a very horrible noise on start up when they fail but that is the only symtom.

Customer:

Besides the schedule service, do the cars typically need a lot of repairs. Besides the cost, I'd like to avoid the hassle of taking my car to the shop every month.

IMPORTS ONLY :

Other than that their pretty reliable

Customer:

Ok, thanks for the help.

IMPORTS ONLY :

That is kind of an old saying for the older italian cars. The older Italian cars where very problematic and needed to be serviced a lot. These cars over the years have made incredible acheivements as far as their Reliability is concerned. These cars are more reliable than a Mercedes or a BMW in my opinion. We don't really see them in the shop as much as we would like to so we may make money off them,