Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

2000 isuzu trooper: 4x4, automatic...engine is missing at low rpms

Hello, I have a 2000 isuzu trooper. 4x4, automatic. the problem i am having is the engine is missing at low rpms while driving. the spark plugs have been changed, but it is still doing it. my husband took off the boots and they all looked OK, and then put them back. we put gas treatment in an almost empty tank, but it did not help. any suggestions? thanks.
Welcome to JustAnswer, I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Please feel free to ask follow up questions, it is part of the process.

You just need to replace the ignition cables. Although they may appear ok they are notoriously easily damaged. This is not unusual and that should be all it is assuming you used the recommended spark plugs and gapped the correctly.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, we will try that. We have to order them first and then my husband will replace them.- probably a couple of days. we did use the recommended spark plugs, we always do use recommended products and are very deligent with normal maintenance -oil changes, tire rotation etc. So we will try this and appreciate it if you will work with us after i accept answer. thanks!
I will continue to assist you even after you accept. Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Neal, in reard to my 2000 Iszuzu trooper, we replace all six ignition cables with brand new ones but the car is still missing at low rpms. Is there anything else you could suggest we try to fix this? Thanks!!!
Have you had it scanned for codes? Even if the check engine light is on there may be codes stored that will give a clue as to what is going on.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok will try that next. thanks
Let me know.