SNAPONTECH
SNAPONTECH, Technician
Experience:  2 year Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Automotive Repair Technology
49697172

2003 hyundai: fine until I pressed the Overdrive button..od..low gear

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Hyundai Accent..I have the care in Drive but it wont shift out of low gear...never has slipped, clunked, smoked,...anything. Everthing was fine until I pressed the Overdrive button (accidently) to off when I put it into drive and then I pressed the OD button back on and now it wont shift out of low gear.
Category: Car
Expert:  SNAPONTECH replied 5 years ago.

SNAPONTECH :

Welcome to Justanswer

SNAPONTECH :

There is most likely a problem with the overdrive switch may just be bad. One thing you can do is unplug the battery wait 5 minutes then plug it back in. This should default it back to being in the on position. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks Danny

Customer :

This didn

Customer :

That didnt work....same problem

SNAPONTECH :

You replaced the switch

SNAPONTECH :

Thats the only thing you can do at this point the battery was just a idea of a temp fix the problem is the switch has failed and will need to be replaced

Customer :

No i havent replaced the switch....is it hard to replace or do i have to take it to a transmission shop?

SNAPONTECH :

This is pretty simple any shop can do it very quickly just need to get the part may have to order it

SNAPONTECH :

Can take a day to get it

SNAPONTECH :

Let me know if you have any questions. If not please hit accept. Thanks Danny