SNAPONTECH
SNAPONTECH, Technician
Experience:  2 year Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Automotive Repair Technology

White smoke from the exhaust..injector..turbo

I am in Northern Ireland so hopefully someone can help me with my question.
My Hino Euro 2 truck has been blowing white smoke from the exhaust. I personally believe it's an injector problem, but the mechanic who is working on it tells me it may be the turbo.
He should be able to tell me by hooking it up to a diagnostic, correct? Also, any idea what an injector costs to replace (even in US dollars would help)
Very much appreciated.
Category: Car
Expert:  SNAPONTECH replied 3 years ago.

SNAPONTECH :

Welcome to Justanswer

SNAPONTECH :

Blown turbo will cause black smoke from the oil seals

SNAPONTECH :

This is most likely a coolant problem

Customer:

I just replaced the water pump last week and then after the pump was replaced, the truck worked for 4 or 5 hours hauling rubble, and then started blowing the white smoke. Where in the installation of the pump would be the cause of the smoke?

SNAPONTECH :

This could be a gasket

SNAPONTECH :

headgasket

SNAPONTECH :

If you can gain access to a pressure tester you can pressurize the coolant system if it drops down then you confirm the head

Customer:

Not leaking fuel. not leaking water. not leaking oil

SNAPONTECH :

It wont leak from the head gasket

SNAPONTECH :

You running fuel or gas

Customer:

I think it's a fuel problem. What do you think about it being an injector problem?

Customer:

I'm running diesel

SNAPONTECH :

Ok then the problem can be related with water in the fuel

SNAPONTECH :

If its flooding from a stuck injector then it will be black in the rear from fuel dump

SNAPONTECH :

either way white smoke is water

Customer:

The funny thing is that I'm actually typing this for my boyfriend in Northern Ireland and he's describing the problems to me by telephone, so thanks for your patience!

SNAPONTECH :

No problem

SNAPONTECH :

Im in the US and today is a huge holiday but I am helping everyone I can

Customer:

He would like me to tell you that the water pump he installed was second hand...if he was to refurbish his original water pump (that he had removed) and re-install that one, do you think that would clear up the problem?

SNAPONTECH :

Yes that could be the issue I would try that then check for water in the fuel if you still have the problem

Customer:

I love CarTalk by the way!!!

Customer:

What path would the water travel from the water pump to the fuel that's making the white smoke and what internal damage could it do?

SNAPONTECH :

Could harm the injectors but if you get it taken care of now there will not be any damage

Customer:

Just wanted to say thank you very, very much. You just saved my boyfriend thousands of pounds.

SNAPONTECH :

Thank you! please hit the accept button have a wonderful day

Customer:

He is very relieved and one last thing...is there a way to request you specifically if we need you again in the future?

SNAPONTECH :

Thats my direct link

Customer:

Thanks! Have a great holiday and make lots of money...you deserve it! :)

SNAPONTECH :

Only if you hit accept!!

SNAPONTECH, Technician
Experience: 2 year Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Automotive Repair Technology