Virtual Wrench (L J)
Virtual Wrench (L J), Master Mechanic
Experience:  35 years/Master Tech. Foreign and Domestic
2617050

Blower motor..ac poition or heat.The fuses are good , the ac relay

I have a 1998 Madza that the blower motor will not come on, in ac poition or heat.
The fuses are good , the ac relay have been changed, and still does not work.
I put 12 volts to the blower motor and ir runs
what could it be?
Category: Car
Expert:  Virtual Wrench (L J) replied 3 years ago.

The blower motor resistor needs to be replaced. It's under the hood,passenger side on firewall near the blower motor. That will fix it.

There is also a relay but they usually dont go bad. You can swap it with another one that has the same terminal arrangement to try first, but i'm betting on the resistor.

Virtual Wrench (L J), Master Mechanic
Experience: 35 years/Master Tech. Foreign and Domestic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I changed the resisteor assy. and it still does not work

Do you have a test light or volt meter?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i have a volt meter and test lights

Thanks,

Using the test light check the fuses shown below. Make sure the key is on. The fuse in the upper right of the diagram is in the inside fuse box, the other ones are under the hood. Let me know if you find a bad one.

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I checked fuses and they all good , I have power through fuses still blower doesnt work

Sorry for the delay but i'm at a picnic right now and am replying on my cell phone. Check for power to the orange wire at the blower motor. If it doesn't have power then swap the blower relay with another one that has the same pin arrangement (they work the same way) and see if it works.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I changed the relay and still do not have power on the orange. note t I do not have power to the ac compressor now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could the controls on dash be the problem/

That would be the next suspect. If you click here you will get the complete wiring diagram for this and if you, or someone else can read it and then do some testing for power and ground you should be able to hunt it down.
Virtual Wrench (L J), Master Mechanic