nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

Neon: plymouth..the compressor click on and then the fan comes

My 2001 plymouth neon, has a fully charge a/c compressor. However when I turn on the a/c you hear the compressor click on and then the fan comes on but shuts off ..the fan and compressor about 3 seconds later.t does this off and on, but the a/c is not cooling (doesn't stay on long enough) fuses are ok...any advice?
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 5 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy :

In your case, the two most likely reasons given the symptoms would be:

Billy :

- the pressure sensor/switch

Billy :

- the evaporator temperature sensor/switch

Billy :

I would mainly suspect the pressure switches (high pressure switch, and a low pressure one)....

Billy :

These can be eliminated or confirmed as culprits, by using jumper wires on their respective connectors.....so remove the connector of the first switch, put a jumper wire on the connector pins, and try the A/C........the one that sorts the issue, would be the faulty one.

Billy :

Here is the low pressure switch:

Billy :

And the high pressure:

Billy :

IF these do not sort the issue, you need next to get to the evaporator temp sensor/switch:

Billy :

YOu may also check the clutch compressor relay (swap for testing purposes and try the system).

Billy :

These should cover the most likely culprits.......

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself.......get back to me if further info is needed.....positive feedback and bonuses appreciated...

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Customer:

Thank you so much will let you know what the answer is > Cheers.