Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager

Land Rover LR2 HSE I am replacing brake rotors on an LR2.

I am replacing brake rotors on an LR2. I removed the tire, brake pad assembly and what appears to be a retaining screw that requires a star socket. The rotor will not come off. Is there anything else that has to be saken off for the roter to be removed?
Category: Car
Expert:  Jerry replied 5 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

They do get a little stuck on sometimes. I normally will spray some WD-40 all around the center hole and some in the lug studs and then place a hammer on the hub, (between the studs) and hit it with a second hammer. Working around the middle part of the hub.

Some I even hit from the rear of the rotor with a rubber hammer, when they are real stuck.