nabilc
nabilc,
Experience:  Manager/co-owner at Autotronic
30385560

How do you unlock trunk on a flying spur when batteries are dead

Customer Question

how do you unlock trunk on a flying spur when batteries are dead
Category: Car
Expert:  nabilc replied 5 years ago.

Billy :

Hello and thank you for using Just answer! I'm Billy and i will assist you with this. Feel free to ask if you need any further info.

Billy : Trunk manual release - To operate

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To operate

The inner rear quarter trim (Rear quarter trim ( 2 seat cars ) will need to be removed.

Press the release button then pivot the ski hatch forwards and remove from the vehicle.

The manual release lever is fastened to the rear seat squab panel and access is made through the ski hatch tunnel.

Using a ratchet, suitable extension and a 12mm socket, guide the socket through the tunnel and onto the head of the boot release lever.

Have an assistant push down on the boot lid whist another technician inside the vehicle simultaneously operates the ratchet on the release lever - This will reduce the effort required to operate the lever and also reduce the strain on the manual release cable.

Once in, then you can deal with the flat battery situation - and hence the key will release ( and operate )

Billy :

Thank you for trusting JA and myself.......get back to me if further info is needed.....positive feedback and bonuses appreciated...

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Billy :

PS: this info should be available in your owners' manual