SNAPONTECH, Technician
Experience:  2 year Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Automotive Repair Technology

2007 Range Rover Sport skid plate came..oil cooler..check eng

2007 Range Rover Sport skid plate came loose, severed oil cooler lines?, check eng. oil light came on, engine was shut down immediately, vehicle towed home, will not start. Will ECM fault have to be cleared after repairs made in order to start vehicle?

Welcome to Justanswer

Once the repairs are made you will need to reset the system as this is a safety feature to stop damage from happening to the engine when oil is insufficient. If something is not correctly put back together the fault code will come back on and you will then have to locate the problem. let me know if you need anything else. Thanks and have a great evening. Danny

Thanks for the reply. I presume this is an OBDII vehicle. Can I reset the fault with any good code reader or will this be a Range Rover only service tool?

A good OBDII reader will work fine..

Let me know if you need anything else you can hit accept and still get in contact via my messages at the top and reply for free on follow up questions. Thanks Danny