Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

2001 1500 no reverse and no noise and all forward gears are fine

Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 5 years ago.

tims auto repair :

hi

tims auto repair :

no reverse at all?

Customer:

no not at all

tims auto repair :

this isnt good

Customer:

no noice or noyhing

tims auto repair :

the problem is the reaction carrier shell

tims auto repair :

it has broken

tims auto repair :

the transmission will need to be rebuilt or replaced

tims auto repair :

no easy button here

tims auto repair :

Please ACCEPT my answer so I can get credit for my work.i don't receive commission unless you do ..I'm not always going to be giving you good news,so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer.it does not cost you more money.we will still be able to communicate.. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated!if you are not satisfied with my answer,please do not leave bad feed back,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question.if i have sent any diagrams,please print them.they will only stay on here for an hour or so.PLEASE ASK IF YOU NEED MORE HELP

Customer:

i am a heavyduty mechanic but this your area and not mine

tims auto repair :

i have seen this many times on the 4l60e transmission

Customer:

I will take your word for that

tims auto repair :

this is your problem,,sorry

tims auto repair :

Customer:

no...it is my nieces.....lol

tims auto repair :

lol

tims auto repair :

ok

Customer:

hey thanks for the info

tims auto repair :

tell her to be ready to spend $2000+/-

tims auto repair :

you are welcome

tims auto repair :

Customer:

she already has spent that on her sons truck

tims auto repair :

i see

tims auto repair :

still yet..the trans will need to be rebuilt or replaced

tims auto repair :