SNAPONTECH
SNAPONTECH, Technician
Experience:  2 year Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Automotive Repair Technology
49697172

2006 hyundai: P0455..Emission Control..Leak..repair or is it something

2006 Hyudai sonata
17 = P0455 Evaporative Emission Control Leak Detected. (Gross Leak)

What does that mean and is it serious enough to warrant bringing in for repair or is it something I can replace?
Category: Car
Expert:  SNAPONTECH replied 3 years ago.

Danny Steinwig :

Welcome to Justanswer

Danny Steinwig :

one moment

Danny Steinwig :

Most likely cause is the gas cap

Danny Steinwig :

You should take it off and reinstall it if that doesnt work replace the gas cap make sure the gasket is on there.

Danny Steinwig :

That should take care of the problem... Let me know if you need anything else

Customer:

ok very interesting, I will go out and check the cap. do you stay on the line for that?

Danny Steinwig :

I can if you want but the code will not go away right away you will need to bring the car to autozone and have them clear the code or reset the battery

Danny Steinwig :

If not it will take many cycles to reset the code after you replace the cap

Danny Steinwig :

But if you hit accept and have further question you can access me through my questions at the top and ask follow up questions for free

Danny Steinwig :

This is a very common problem on the newer vehicles

Customer:

ok thank you I can clear the code with my OBD computer.

Danny Steinwig :

Yep

Customer:

I apprciate your time!!

Customer:

thx

Danny Steinwig :

No problem thank you in advance for the accept have a great day and a wonderful 4th of july.. Danny

SNAPONTECH, Technician
Experience: 2 year Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Automotive Repair Technology