Mastertech1, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases automotive diagnostics and repair

[pup] wont idle..runs good at above idle engine speeds.

Customer Question

1986 pick up [pup] won't idle . runs good at above idle engine speeds. what might be the problem?  local independent shop replaced the fuel pump and said there was a fuse problem that allowed it to idle. it ran fine for a couple of weeks but now the poblem is back..  i can't work on it myself but give the local mechanic your answer
Category: Car
Expert:  Mastertech1 replied 5 years ago.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING JUST ANSWER, AND FOR ALLOWING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR AUTOMOTIVE CONCERNS.You were saying there was a fuse issue 2 weeks ago, Is this fuse blowing again? Thanks, Please let me know!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i checked all the fuses in the fuse box and non are blown . the local mechanic did not show me which fuse
Then has anyone checked for a vac. leak at the intake. or a vac. hose that is bad or fell off? Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
have not checked vac. but will have it checked in a couple of days and if thats the problem will pay the $30.
bob smalley
Let me know,Thanks!