Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

2006 forenza: Need diagram to put on serpentine belt..base model

Customer Question

Need diagram to put on serpentine belt on 2006 forenza wagpn base model with air.
We have the right belt but all diagrams we have found leave us with extra length.
Category: Car
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 3 years ago.

hi

this is the one for you suzuki

thanks

ALL THE BONUS MONEY THAT I RECEIVE DURING THE MONTH OF JUNE WILL BE DONATED TO THE AMERICAN RED CROSS FOR TORNADO RELEIF IN THE MID WEST AND DEEP SOUTH

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Suzuki Forenza, Reno 2003-06

Accessory Drive Belts

• ADJUSTMENT
  • DRIVE BELT ROUTINGS
  • INSPECTION
  • REMOVAL & INSTALLATION

Adjustment

The belt is automatically adjusted by the auto tensioner.

Drive Belt Routings

FIG : Accessory drive belt routing-2.0L engine image

Inspection

Inspect the drive belt for signs of glazing or cracking. A glazed belt will be perfectly smooth from slippage, while a good belt will have a slight texture of fabric visible. Cracks will usually start at the inner edge of the belt and run outward. All worn or damaged drive belts should be replaced immediately.

Removal & Installation

1. Remove the air filter housing assembly bolts and the air intake tube.
  2. Remove the air filter housing assembly from the vehicle.
  3. Use a wrench to turn the tensioner bolt clockwise, compressing the tensioner, and releasing the tension on the serpentine accessory drive belt.
  4. Remove the serpentine accessory drive belt.

To install:

1. Use a wrench to turn the tensioner bolt clockwise, compressing the tensioner, and releasing the tension on the serpentine accessory drive belt.
  2. With the wrench in place on the tensioner bolt, loop the serpentine accessory drive belt loosely over the pulleys.
  3. Slip the belt over the tensioner.
  4. Remove the wrench from the tensioner bolt and the belt will tighten itself.
  5. Install the air filter housing assembly into the vehicle.
  6. Install the air intake tube and the air filter housing assembly bolts.
  7. Tighten the air filter housing assembly bolts to 53 inch lbs. and nm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We have followed diagram & instructions completel. This is what we had & did before contacting you. We still have about 4 inches to much on belt. We do not have to loosen tension as belt slips on without loosening.

are you sure you have the right belt?..this is for the 2.0

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT

Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience: Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we have taken the belt back and verified it. it is 74.5" long.

Made by Duralast part 745K6 multi-V belt

are your pulleys set up like the diagram above?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No - not exactly and yet it is the only one that we have been able to find

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We still need help and I pushed the wrong button - as I was about to ask another question

ok

it does not match the diagram above....correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That is right - it does not match

ok

this should be it

i will opt out,maybe one of the other guys has something different here..someone will be right with you

thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you - I will be watching for another answer.