SNAPONTECH, Technician
Experience:  2 year Associate in Applied Arts and Sciences Degree in Automotive Repair Technology

Its been remotly locked afer about 15 minutes

Customer Question

I have allarm problems the allarm goes off after its been remotly locked afer about 15 minutes
Category: Car
Expert:  SNAPONTECH replied 5 years ago.
I have has this problem with these stock alarm systems as well. I found taking the key fob apart and cleaning it. Depending on how bad it is in side you can just use alcohol and you will also need to replace the battery. If the connections in there are rusty or sticky from anything make sure you get them completely cleaner off if it still fails then your going to have to replace the key fob if you have more than one in the area disconnect one and try the other one just remove the battery from the key fob this will definitely be the way to verify my diagnosis is correct. Thanks
I was wondering if you had any luck getting this working replacing the battery in the key and cleaning the connections?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Danny
How do I get the key opened I try prying it in the seam but it appears to be not opening I do not want to break something
Does this have the key that flips out and then it has a small slot on the back of it that you insert a flat head and turn to split it apart.