George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

Suzuki forenza 2005 is there a low pressure switch on ac

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Yes there is a low pressure switch next to the muffler on the line as shown below

Click here

Let me know how I can help

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Picture did not show up
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

Did you click where it says "click here" and allow the download?

This is a .pdf so if you are using a phone or apple product you may not be able to view this and on Windows products you need to have Adobe reader installed.

Let me know if you can get it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Got it but this looks like the high side
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

This is a transducer that reports system pressure so it does high and low.

Let me know how I can help

Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

Maybe this description of the system will help you understand how it works

V5 A/C System Description

The V5 variable displacement compressor along with the thermal expansion valve on the evaporator, constitutes a largely self-regulating system. There is no pressure cycling switch, no high-pressure cut-off switch and no low-pressure cut-off switch. The compressor clutch is controlled by the electronic control module (ECM), which receives data from various engine systems and from a pressure transducer located in the high-pressure refrigerant pipe. In normal operation, the clutch is engaged continuously. Should one of the monitored conditions become abnormal, the ECM will disengage the compressor clutch until normal operation is restored. These conditions include the following:

• Wide-open throttle.
  • High engine coolant temperature.
  • High engine RPM.
  • Refrigerant low pressure.
  • Refrigerant high pressure.

The compressor clutch will remain disengaged until normal operation is established.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Three wires any idea which one is low
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

This is not a CCOT system so it is not a high/low pressure switch but this is a transducer that also controls the condenser fan so it reports to the ECM what the system pressure is.

There is 5 volts on the grey wire, ground on the purple/white wire and a variable voltage on the light blue wire to signal the ECM what the switch is sensing. A scantool is used to see what pressure is in the system.

Let me know how I can help you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
guages show normal ranges of pressure but clutch not operating unless i jump over to it. I did this for max 5 seconds removed the jumper and plug the clutch harness in very quickly and it continued to run for another minute or two any thoughts. Seems to work less at slower speeds. When clutch is working the air is freezing cold.
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

There are several reasons the ECM would not enable the compressor. If it thinks the throttle is wide open, if it thinks the engine is too hot or if it thinks charging voltage is low are just three.

Do you have a scantool that will communicate with this car? A Tech 2 with a Suzuki card would be best.

Have you scanned for trouble codes?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No my snap on solus pro is supposed to be all asian cars but cant find suzuki. So i am in the dark here.
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

You are going to need a scantool that will pull codes, you can at least pull OBD global codes.

Ask your Snappy rep why the Solus won't talk to this car, it should.

Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

Just as a "maybe" you might want to pull the left front fender liner and inspect the wire harness there for corrosion and damage.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
When engine is cold the clutch works when it reasces normal temp it stops. No codes are present.
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

If it works cold I would be looking toward available voltage at the compressor connector or the airgap on the clutch.

Have you tested to see if the clutch is being commanded on when it is hot?