It will not idle unless you close the choke 3/4..Rebuilt..holley

Have a 351w. It will not idle unless you close the choke 3/4. Rebuilt holley 4160.
The only vacuum line is to the valve cover (pcv valve) from the base of the carb.
The previous owner had the intake man off. Does it sound like a severe vacuum leak to you?
Before I dig into it.
Oh, each cylinder has good compression.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX is a lean condition, and if the carb has been rebuilt, then it is most likely avacuum leak, if the manifold was recently off, then most likey it is a leak in the intake gaskets, spray some carb cleaner around the intake and see if the idle comes up, if it does, then the gaskets are leaking,Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you take "just" the intake man. off or do you have to take the valve covers off? That would be the hard part for the exhaust mans. are in the way.
yes, you can remove the manifold with out removing the valve covers
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I already checked the timing chain, is good.
They had all the gaskets I needed to do that proceedure.
Do they have a gasket set for this procceedure to? or do you have to get a head gasket set?
you can get just the manifold gaskets, they run about 30 dollars,Tim
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Was taking carb off and the gasket was riped on the bottom side of the vacuum chamber.
Got a new gasket.
On the vacuum chamber, which way is the right way to install? So it takes a vacuum from the primary or the secondary side of the carb ?
From the secondary side, this will give it ported vacuum